The Game of poker started way back in 19th century and New Orleans, one of the colonies of France, is considered to be the place from where poker originated. Slowly but largely, poker has grown in popularity. Now it has crossed all boundaries all over the globe.
It is vital to know what this game is about and how to play poker. Here is simple guide using which you can learn how to play poker. Game of poker is a card game that is played with 20 cards including aces, queens, kings, jacks, and tens. As poker is played in so many countries, hence new versions of game are introduced. Texas Holdem, Omaha, Pai Gow, and 5 card draw are famous variations of poker game and there are many more as well. Texas Holdem is widely accepted version of this game and you will find it in almost any casino. Here is guide on how to play Texas Holdem poker.
* First step in playing poker is posting in which players place blinds and antes with initial amount.
* Dealer then start shuffling of 52 playing cards and give two cards facing down to each player. Term “Hole Cards” or “Pocket cards” is used for these cards.
* First round of betting is called preflop in which players can call, raise, or fold. At the end of first round, dealer will remove first card from deck to avoid cheating. It is called burn card.
* Dealer will then place three cards facing up from deck. Players can use any of these three cards to make combination with their two cards. Now next betting round takes place.
* At the end of each round same process of “burn card” happens.
* Last card that dealer place on table is called river. Now there will be five cards on table and two in hand players. Player can make five card hand using combination from these five cards.
* One every player has fixed his five card hand, final round of betting starts with the player on left side of dealer.
* Last step of this Texas Holdem poker is called “showdown” in which each player will show their cards. In short, players show five card hand using pocket cards and community cards.
* Player who has strongest five card hand will win the bet. In case if two players have same hands, they have to split the pot.